Earn 100,000 bonus points with new credit card deals
Points-chasers can now pick and choose between multiple cards offering huge bonus reward points.
One of the greatest benefits of a credit card can be the rewards points earned, and several financial providers are now offering 100,000-point bonus incentives to sign up for their frequent flyer credit cards.
American Express have two new deals on frequent flyer credit cards, offering 100,000 points if consumers spend $3,000 on their card within the first three months.
And they’re not alone; NAB also offer a deal that gives customers 100,000 points when they meet spending criteria on everyday purchases in 60 days.
3 ways to save on credit cards:
- Compare Frequent Flyer Bonus offers at CreditCardCompare.com.au*
- Compare balance transfer offers up to 30 months with Westpac* and 26 months with Citi*
- Check out the 9Saver guide on ‘How To Select The Right Credit Card For Your Needs’
Australia’s use of credit cards for payment has increased exponentially in the past two decades, according to the RBA, and accumulating rewards points for travel, goods and services has proved popular with consumers.
But credit card growth experienced a slight drop at the end of 2017, so providers such as American Express offering credit cards with reward point deals is a compelling reason to sign up and spend in the first months of 2018.
It’s worth keeping in mind that each credit card comes with different criteria and benefits, so investigate which cards meet your specific needs.
4 Credit Cards offering 100,000 or more Bonus Points
- Receive 100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online by 9th Apr 2018, are approved and spend $3,000 in 3 months.
- You’ll also earn 1.5 points per $1 spent on card purchases.
- Complimentary domestic and overseas travel insurance.
Keep in mind: There’s a $395 p.a and interest rates are 20.74%. You’ll also need an income of $65,000 or above for this card, and you won’t be eligible if you’ve had an Am Ex card in the last 18 months.
- Receive 100,000 points when you apply online by 9th Apr 2018, are approved and spend $3,000 in 3 months.
- Receive a $400 Travel Credit each year towards any flights, hotels and car hire when you book online with this card.
- Enjoy up to two entries per year to the American Express Lounge.
Keep in mind: There’s a 1% balance transfer fee for any balance you transfer to this card. There’s also a $450 annual fee and the interest rates are higher than some other cards available.
- Receive 100,000 Qantas Points when you spend $3,000 on everyday purchases in 60 days.
- Get seven complimentary insurances when you make an eligible purchase.
- Up to 44 days on purchases.
Keep in mind: Unpaid balances revert to the 21.74% p.a cash advance rate after the balance transfer has ended.
- Receive 120,000 bonus reward Points when you spend $3,000 in 90 days from Card approval.
- Receive two points per $1 spent on selected purchases and receive a complimentary Priority Pass membership with two airport lounge visits per year.
Keep in mind: Citi rewards points transfer over to other frequent flyer programs at a less than one-for-one point ratio, they also don’t offer an option to transfer points to the Qantas points program. After the balance transfer rate ends, transfers revert to the cash advance rate and there’s also a fairly hefty $395 p.a fee in the second year.