Origin Discounts to end as summer campaign winds up
9Saver’s biggest campaign yet is coming to close as the winning offers near their end, but it’s not too late to take advantage.
Thousands of Aussie households have already switched their energy provider as a result of the 9Saver Summer Power Campaign, making it the biggest campaign to date.
Since the exclusive Origin discounts and solar feed-in tariffs went live in December, tens of thousands have also joined 9Saver, swelling the membership to more than 125,000.
The campaign has played a part in a national switching revolution, with a record 2.09 million homes switching providers in the 2018 calendar year, according to 9Saver’s analysis of the Australian Energy Market Operator data.
Click here to see the special discounts from Origin Energy
But now the offers must end. These exclusive ‘Origin Saver’ offers are closing on 1st February and have no exit fees or lock in contracts:
- NSW: 25% discount off Origin’s Electricity usage charges for 12 months when you pay your bills on time*
- VIC: 41% discount off Origin’s Electricity usage charges for 12 months when you pay your bills on time*
- QLD: 28% discount off Origin’s Electricity usage charges for 12 months when you pay your bills on time*
- SA: 18% discount off Origin’s Electricity usage charges for 12 months when you pay your bills on time*
The offers are available to new and existing Origin customers who pay on time and there are also pay-on-time natural gas discounts in NSW, VIC, QLD and SA.
For eligible solar customers, Origin is also offering these special ‘Solar Boost’ offers with lower discounts but higher retailer Feed-in Tariffs:
- NSW: 22c per kWh total feed-in tariff
- VIC: 22c per kWh total feed-in tariff
- QLD: 17c per kWh total feed-in tariff
- SA: 20c per kWh total feed-in tariff
9Saver campaigner Bek Day says Summer can add around $140 to your power bill, but being on a good market offer can save some households hundreds of dollars.
“These offers are only available for a limited time so don’t forget to sign up at 9Saver.com.au and take advantage of them before they close,” Day said.
A 9Saver survey of 2400 homes found around 3 in 5 people are suffering from high or extreme energy bill stress. More than half said they refrained from using fans or heaters to keep bills down, while 1 in 3 said they were forced to spend less at the grocery checkout and take fewer or no holidays.
While Bek Day commends the efforts 9Saver members have made to keep their energy bills low she said switching remains the easiest way to save on energy.
“It’s so easy to switch, it took me five minutes online. Report after report says those who shop around tend to be on the best deals,” she said.