Five things you need to know about the new app saving you hundreds at the checkout.
SpotSave is the newest app on the market that is designed to help shoppers compare the price of items at the major supermarkets and save them some cash.
Saving money on your grocery bill is something many Aussie households would welcome, and with a number of apps on the market to help households be savvier, it’s becoming more and more easy to do.
The newest app to drop is SpotSave — which has been designed to offer users the opportunity to compare products across the big name supermarkets for the best price.
Today Show chatted to the app creator Justin Reiss, and 9Saver has compiled the 5 key points you need to know about the app to save you some cash on your next grocery shop:
1. It compares the prices at major supermarkets. The app works by comparing the prices of over 4000 products at Coles and Woolworths and it finds the cheapest price for each item you want. This is a pretty handy tool to have to encourage households to write up a grocery list prior to heading out to the supermarket.
2. How it can help families on a budget. For households that need to stick to a tight budget, this app helps you save time and money by knowing what products to buy and where. For some, the idea of going to two different supermarkets might not be appealing, but for those on a strict budget it could be the difference of $20-$30 off your bill by taking advantage of the specials running at either store.
3. You can ‘watchlist’ your favourite products. The app has a feature that allows you to place your favourite products and regular purchases on a ‘watchlist’. The app will then be able to notify you as soon as these products come on special and so you can take advantage of the prices as soon as they’re down.
4. It was created in Sydney. The app was created by 23-year-old Justin Reiss from Sydney to help consumers know where to find the best deals at the supermarkets.
5. It’s free! And it can be downloaded from the App Store or Google play.